|Etihad Airways, Head Office - Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Office Address:||P.O.Box 35566, Head Office, Khalifa City A, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates|
|Office:||+971 2 511 0000|
|Fax:||+971 2 511 1200|
|Call Centre:||[Within the UAE: 800 2277] [Outside the UAE: +971 2 599 0844]|
Etihad Airways is the National Airline of the United Arab Emirates. The airline was set up by a Royal Decree in July 2003, with Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE, as its hub. Etihad started commercial operations in November 2003.
In just five years we’ve flown more than 17 million Guests to more than 50 destinations across the Middle East, Africa, Australia, Europe, North America and Asia. Our fleet will reach 52 aircraft by the end of 2009.
Etihad expects to carry up to seven million Guests by the end of 2009, a remarkable increase on the 340,000 that traveled on us in 2004. By the end of 2009, Etihad will have expanded its global route network to 57 destinations, including new services to Melbourne, Istanbul, Athens, Larnaca, Chicago, Cape Town and Hyderabad.
• The largest ever commercial aviation start-up aircraft order, announced in 2004, for 29 Airbus and
• More than 17 million Guests carried.
• One of the youngest and most environmentally-friendly aircraft fleets, with an average age of three years.
• A record-breaking order in July 2008 for up to 205 aircraft at the Farnborough International Airshow, including
firm orders for 100 aircraft.
• A record-breaking order in May 2009 for up to 469 engines at the Paris Air Show, including firm orders for
• Sponsorship of the Ferrari Formula 1 team, Manchester City and Chelsea Football Clubs, Harlequins Rugby
Football Club, the Etihad Stadium in Melbourne and the Formula One Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
• More than 40 global awards for service and innovation including Best Business Class at the 2009 Skytrax
awards. Full list of awards.
As we have grown during the last five years so has the number of employees, with more than 8,500 staff representing 120 different nationalities.